Monday, December 13, 2010

Catching Up.

When I was first diagnosed with PCOS my doctors immediately put me on metformin.  I was told that since I didn't ovulate regularly that it could be more difficult for me to conceive and that my chance of having a miscarriage was higher.  They did not tell me the possibility of damage blood vessels in the placenta during pregnancy.

I had a very hard weekend.  Replaying all of the doctor's appointments in my head wondering if I missed something.  Then I started researching PCOS more.  And the things that I found that I find interesting and have stuck with me include:
  • Some antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds help with the compulsiveness some feel when craving sweets.
  • Blood thinners can help some women while they're pregnant.
  • One diet may work for one person, but not another.
  • The anxiety, cramping/pressure, dizziness, hot flashes, becoming sleepy after eating that I've been experiencing can all be linked to the PCOS. 
I'm trying to find the strength to overcome the anxiety with exercise.  Sometimes it's too hard and I just can't shake it.  It's like I've had too much caffeine and I can feel my cells dividing in my body.  I have no idea how much of it is loss-related, how much is the impending holidays without my babies, how much is PCOS and how much is the BCP (birth control pill) that I'm on.  My web of could-be causes is incredibly intertwined.  So.  I'm going to exercise and get through the holidays and see what it's like once they pass.  Well the holidays and Matthew's due date.

So that's where I am.  I meet with the nutritionist on Wednesday and will hopefully have a plan in place.  If she's of no help, I'll find someone who is because I need it.  And I deserve it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment