Monday, June 6, 2011

k's, 1/2's and What in the World am I Doing?

The short version:
  • I'm running a 5k in July.
  • I'm running a 1/2 marathon in January.
The medium version:


A friend talked me into doing a 5k July 4th weekend.  My sister-in-law then emailed me about doing a 1/2 marathon with her in January.  And we, not so slyly, talked my mom into doing it, too!

The emotional stuff:

I've never been a runner.  Weighing what I weigh and being the size that I am, I have this HUGE mental block about running.  I don't didn't think I could do it, so I just didn't do it.  Well newsflash- I can do it.  Step by step (ohhh baby), I will do it. 

So runners- what advice do you have for me?  I need all of the help I can get!

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!! I am so excited for you! What advice do I have, 1 step at a time...just like you said it.
    The training is hard so the race is easy. You CAN do this!!!!
    First step....treat yourself to good shoes from a running store and a hot workout outfit:)

    ReplyDelete