Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moving Forward.

I've sort of hesitated posting this because it's not about weight loss or my diet.  It's about moving forward in a different way.  And part of this process, like many others, is being open and honest not only with myself and my husband, but with our family and friends.

After much discussion and a little tear shedding (for the good), Tim and I are moving forward with foster/adoption.

When Katie died, we talked about having one more and adopting one.  After Matthew was born the thought of having another one was (and still is) incredibly frightening.  We also thought it would be selfish for us to potentially lose another baby when there are so many children out there who need stable, loving families. 

The bottom line is that we want to be parents.  We want to be exhausted from chasing our kids around all day.  We want to be woken up in the middle of the night because one of our kids had a bad dream.  We want to support, mold and just love some of the children who need it most.

The next few months will be filled with interviews, classes and inspections.  It's all very exciting and overwhelming and a tad emotional.

So there you have it.

Oh also- first 5k is on Monday.  I'm guessing since I haven't been running a lot lately (long stories) that it'll be longer than wanted.  But at least I have a friend to run with me!  I'll let you know how that goes.

8 comments:

  1. Very excited for you Susan! I have several friends who have decided to foster/adopt and they are so happy. One of my girlfriends, Melissa, lives in Washington and they have a Youth For Christ foster to adoption program that she and her husband are currently participating in. She writes about her journey and challenges on a blog that you might be interested in reading. Here is the link if you are: http://jandmmorris.blogspot.com/ I would recommend starting from the beginning. She writes a lot about the process- the highs and lows and trusting in God's perfect timing.

    Hugs! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing mother. The children you already influence are so fortunate to have you. Those that get you 24/7 are going to strike pure gold. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on working towards the family you've always wanted. I wish this had been an easier route for you, I truly do. I hope one day you'll have the life you and your hubby always wanted. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait. For you to have another child to share all your love with and help heal. Fost/adoption has been beyond my wildest dreams, as you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and this is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read this now. I'm so happy for you.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 Hugs <3

    I think it's a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete