Today I broke my diet.
I cheated.
I hate a handful of chocolate covered pretzels and a piece of licorice. Oh and a few reeces pieces. Holy cow. Well, yes. That's what I feel like. A cow. A weak, pms-ing (sorry if that's TMI), cow.
Logically, I know I'm not. I know I'm still 24lbs down and set-backs are normal. And one day with cheating isn't terrible and it won't be the end of the world.
But.
I feel horrible.
I'm going to go take a bath and pour myself to bed. Tomorrow will be a better day.
You're right in that one day of cheating isn't going to hurt anything. Just make sure it is only one day! Recommit the next day and all will be well. You've made so much great progress! But, we all need a sweet treat every now and again. That guilt is a killer though!
ReplyDelete((((()))) Today is a new day!
ReplyDeleteDon't beat yourself up. There is nothing wrong with "cheating" every now and then. In fact it can actually beneficial. Many diet experts say it is a good idea to have one day a week that is a cheat day. On your cheat day you can eat whatever you want (with in reason) and not worry about it.
ReplyDeleteIt is easier to stick to your diet through out the week if you know that you have a day that you can go crazy on.